Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Strong Delusion

There is a strong delusion going on within the church today. Seasoned Christians are believing everything that comes their way. They are not testing things as scripture tells us. Believing things are of God, when in fact they are not. These delusions that the church is calling 'signs and wonders,' are being given, allowed from God to those who do not love the truth of God.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-5


I have watched the charismatic movement for some time, now. I have even been part of it. But I recently had to stop and consider all that I have ever believed in, coming to the conclusion that I and others have been deceived over the years. Why? Because we did not stop to test things.


Test all things; hold fast what is good, abstain from every form of evil.
2 Thessalonians 5:21


We let man and the fear of man stop us from doing what Gods' word commands us to do which is to test all things. None of us wanted to be accused of 'quenching the Holy Spirit' or be called 'religious, rebellious' or worse 'Jezebel.' Now the very ones who would accuse us are guilty of all. They mock and blaspheme the God we serve.


How did it get to be such a mess? It started when the church allowed ourselves to be duped by the elite ones. Those who claimed they had special visions, special gifts, special anointings for the rest of us. Any of us that had any kind of discernment and wanted to test things were told we were being 'rebellious.' After all, they were somehow special and we were not to question, lest we 'blaspheme' somehow.


Their roots of lies,mockery and deceits go back further than what I can address at the time. So we will start with Rodney Howard-Brown and his 'laughing revival' from the 90s. I remember the first time I read of him in a Charisma magazine in the early 90s. The article stated he had gotten a vision of hell and began to laugh and laugh...and WA la...that was the beginning of the 'laughing revival.' I brought this to the attention of a few people. They were not interested. They were more concerned about this 'new thing' of getting 'drunk in the spirit.'


Something in me did not set right. For I am sure if I had seen a vision of hell, I would have been terrified and would have wept and wept. I could not understand how anyone would find anything funny about hell. Unless, they were a false teacher and were laughing at all the souls they could possibly lead to hell! That's what I thought of Rodney Howard-Brown and still think about him.

What possibly could be funny about hell? Nothing, unless you are a false teacher or prophet.


So the church began searching out the 'latest thing.' Drinking in the heresies and lies. 'Getting drunk' as if there were no true gospel to preach! I am sure Satan was having the time of his life watching the church prostitute herself!


Few came forth. Those that did, only did for a season. But they went back to more important things; like preaching the true gospel. They did what they could in sounding the alarm. But the church did not want to hear.


So that is why we are where we are today with Tod Bentley, Patricia King, Bob Jones and a slew of others. These are heretics. Plain and simple. They are mocking Gods' Word and they, along with those before them, are responsible for leading thousands in the Great Falling Away. They are liars and deceivers and the truth is not in them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I saw your link over at Miriam's blog. I would recommend The Other Side of the River by Kevin Reeves as a way to help you as you come out of the excesses of this movement. Reeves was in the "River" himself and details his account while in and his subsequent withdrawal from it. While I was never in the "River" movement myself, this book helped me to understand it more and to see it from the perspective of those who were.

Here's a link:

http://www.lighthousetrails.com/osr.htm

Redeemed Hippie said...

Thank you Lee, but trust me i am not going through withdrawals from this movemnet. but I will check out the book. A couple more good books are "Counterfeit Revival" by hank Hanagraff and "Occult Invasion" by Dave Hunt that will be out next month.

Anonymous said...

I found this link that traces the deception back to 1948.

http://www.intotruth.org/res/latterrain.pdf

Anonymous said...

way to go brenda! truth is truth.hopefully more people will read,listen and seek him out and not be lured by false teachings.donna

Redeemed Hippie said...

Thanks Donna. It is always good to know there are like-minded people out there!

Redeemed Hippie said...

Thanks for the link, Bluerose. I finally got a chance to go and take a look. Very informative! I know I will like it!